Saturday, September 29, 2012

Can I Get an AMEN??!!

This week is OVER!!!

Let's recap......

Monday....work until 4:00. Arbonne party at Julies at 6:30.  Slight hold up before the party when the dog (CHIPPER) decided he did NOT want to use the bathroom, but instead play with the neighbors dog.  Had to take him for a walk to get him to go so I could put him back in his crate to go to the party...which I was 30 minutes late for!!

Tuesday.....work until 3:00....Girls on the Run until 4:30.....not that bad of a day!

Wednesday....work until 3:00....staff meeting until 3:45.....stayed at work to actually get stuff done until 5:30...didn't get home until 7:00 because of traffic!

Thursday....work until 3:00....Girls on the Run until 4:45 (forgot my clothes!!)......helped mom with our FANTASTIC bulletin board she created until 5:15....and home!

Friday.....work until 3:00....went home due to a splitting headache and belly ache.....hour and a half nap!!!

Holy...Shamoly!!

Friday night was MUCH needed with great friends! Wonderful stress release!!

So back up to Thursday, where I mentioned a bulletin board.  Third grade entered into a contest with the Charlotte Fire Deparment.  We were to create a bulletin board that showed 2 ways out of a burning house.  We entered...then did not do anything with it! So....who comes to the rescue??? That fantastic mother I have bragged about before!! She took it and RAN with it! She came up with a bulletin board inspired by the nursery rhyme Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home.  If you are like me, you had never heard it before....but it is a pretty upsetting nursery rhyme!

Here is a picture of that bulleting board.  It is huge, so this is only part of it. 
 
She made a house out of science display boards with an upstairs and downstairs.  One way out is to crawl on the floor.  the second way out is down a ladder from upstairs through the window.  The kids made little ladybugs (which my mom took the time to create a template for....WOW!) and they are showing the 2 ways out of the house.
 
On the right and left of this house, our kids made origami houses.  Inside the houses they gave a piece of advice to ladybug for what she needs to do since her house in on fire!! They turned out so cute!!
 
 
A little special touch my mom put on the house was made the bedroom Mickey Mouse.  My coworker/friend, Julie, has a super cute daughter named Lily! Julie LOVES Disney, so my mom wrote Lily's name on the bed as a special, personal touch! "Awwww!!!"
 
Go ahead....be jealous because my mom is freaking awesome!! Don't hate!! I told her she should start a business of creating bulletin boards, because there are TONS of teachers out there that would KILL to have someone come in and do their bulletin boards for them! Who has time, along with paperwork, lesson plans, teaching, grading, teaching, fussing, teaching, meetings...and teaching???
 
So...hopefully next week I can get back in gear with my blog! I hardly had time to sit down and chill this week, so my blog was kind of left out!
 
Since it is the weekend (AMEN), and it was a crazy week, I am going to have some of my products on Teachers Pay Teachers on sale (15% off) from today until Monday, October 1st!  Go on over and check out the documents I have on sale!! Don't forget to leave feedback!
Click the link below! One day, I will figure out how to do pictures for links!! :)
 
 
Happy weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment