Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Inside Room 102

One of my most favorite things to do with teaching is set up my room at the beginning of the year.  My mom always comes in and helps me come up with different ideas of how to make my classroom a place where my students will feel comfortable and eager to learn!

I wanted to share a few pictures of my favorite places in my room.  Several of them are Pinterest inspired, and some are originals! :) 


Group "workstations".  Each group has their own plastic drawers that holds math manipulatives, scissors, writing notebooks, and dictionaries!  This is my first year trying these, and so far so good! On top of each drawer is a "Tidy Trash Tub" (labels created, found, and provided by Rowdy in Room 300)!! My students have done a great job keeping our floors cleaned thanks to those wonderful tubs!!



This is my classroom library! My books are organized by guided reading levels, and by interests. 

 My Twitter board.  This is a Pinterest inspired board.  My students came up with their own Twitter names, and they respond to opinion based questions each week! Pinterest Version: Twitter 

My STAMINA tracking board for Daily 5! The Ipod and guitar were another Pinterst inspired project, however the stamina tracking was added by myself. My students are currently at 20 minutes of sustained silent reading! :) Here is the Pinterest version: Ipod and Guitar


"Look Who's Poppin In to 3rd Grade!!" This is on my front door with my students' names on the pieces of popcorn!


Classroom Responsibility chart.  Each student chooses a new job every 2 weeks, and places these camera magnets under their number!


This is one of my favorite boards! "Where are We Traveling Today?"  We read a current event (found on the website Dogonews.com) every Friday (sometimes every other Friday).  We locate the location of the current event on the map and place a thumbtack as our tracker!  The students respond to the current event by answering a question related to the article, and draw a picture to go with it! This particular week was The World's Steepest RollerCoaster located in Japan! Their question: Would you or would you not ride the worlds steepest roller coaster?

So there is a little insight into my classroom.  I have to admit that I love my classroom! It feels welcoming and warm, which helps make going to work even easier!

I hope you enjoyed a little insight into my daily surroundings!

Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment