Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bragging Rights!!

Have you ever been so proud of something that you just want to brag about it??? YES!! There are a couple things I want to brag about today....so like I told my husband....prepare for extreme excitement!! :)

First of all......today we learned "How to Choose a Partner" for Read-to-Someone!! I was scared....not gonna lie....but a wise person once told me that I have to just let my fears go and see what happens!! It....was....MAGIC!! Honestly, my kids read to someone for about 20 minutes, and they could have kept going if we didn't have to move on to writing time! I was so stinkin proud!! They gave me high hopes for this Daily Five stuff (again....been a little nervous about the whole choice thing...little bit of a control issue I have. I'm working on it!!). It was the perfect noise level, everyone was reading, I saw partners asking questions to each other, and they were ACTUALLY reading! I had to snap some pictures to hold on to the moment, because with kids, sometimes you never know what might come next! Check out my kiddos showing off their Read-To-Someone skills!!



 
AAAmazing!!! :)
 
Second bragging time....is actually on a different group from my school! Our 5th graders went on to the morning announcements this morning and introduced a rap that they created about IPICK for Daily Five! They had a contest, and the teachers class who won got to share theirs on the announcements!! It was really cool! Even my kids were singing it after the announcements went off! So...SHOUT OUT TO 5th GRADE TEAM AT STEELE CREEK!!!
 
 
Last thing....we started our Girls on the Run team today! I am so excited about it! I think it is an awesome program to help keep girls feeling good about themselves and how they treat others! We had...wait for it, wait for it....18 girls show up today!! That is an awesome turn out, especially for our school because of the payment part of it! We actually have to have 2 teams because we ended up with more than one team is allowed to have! We did our first lesson today, and it was awesome to see a group of young girls working together and smiling!! So...SHOUT OUT TO GIRLS ON THE RUN COACHES FOR A GREAT FIRST DAY!! :)
 
 
Did I have a good day today?? I think so!!
 
On a COMPLETELY off topic note....does anyone elses dog enjoy sleeping under the bed at night???
 

 
I mean, really?? :)
 
Happy Hump Day tomorrow!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay, Allison! I am so proud of YOU and the things you are trying ... and experiencing! This is what you were meant to do and you are doing it well! Love you!
    Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete