Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Little bit of this....and that...

Here is the "this"......

We finished our birdhouses today....and my mom (aka celebrity to my kids) came in to glue them together. They turned out SOOO cute!! Take a look at the end products!! They will be hung up outside, and their letters mailed hopefullly tomorrow!

 
This birdhouse theme was racecars!

 
Another racecare theme!!

 
This birdhouse theme was animals...I think...

 
AND....the story of my little church boy!! His group wanted to do animals....but he wanted to do CHURCH!! Part of me was like YES!! The other part was....hmm....where is this going to take the conversation??? So...one girl said "I don't go to church".  This then led to..."you mean you don't go to church or read the Bible??!!"  "Yes, I read the Bible, I just don't go to church!!"  "Well, you should go to church!!" "I just don't go...my mom doesn't make me..." After being turned towards a new conversation by me, the group decided on animals.  My little church boy insisted on keeping church as part of the theme....hince the 3 crosses on the roof..WITH birds resting all around them! I guess I couldn't argue too much because he did still include animals! Oh the stories of an elementary teacher!


Now for the "that"........

We played my Subtraction Action BINGO today and the kids LOVED it!! It was awesome seeing the differentiation with the game boards in action (subtraction action....to be exact...), as well as hearing "YES!!! I GOT THE ANSWER RIGHT!!!!" Take a look at some pictures I snapped of my kiddos playing!!!



 
They really enjoyed this game...so it will definitely go into my continuously used games!!
 
Tomorrow is "hump day" AKA Wednesday!! Almost to the weekend! :) Have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment