Saturday, December 1, 2012

Live for little moments....

So this morning....I crawled out of bed.....complained about being tired....brushed my teeth with no motivation...stuck out my tongue at my husband as he turned over and went back to sleep.....and hated that is was Saturday morning and I was awake at 6:15 am.

It was Girls on the Run 5K day!! Our girls probably won't even run....they probably will walk the whole thing....do we really even need to be there??!!!

8:00---girls were supposed to be there at 7:30 and we had one girl....this is gonna be fabulous!! (Sarcasm)

8:15---they start trickling in. Oh wow....we even have some parents who are running, too!! Okay...may not be too bad!!

9:00--race is about to start!! Holy cow....what a crowd!! We had to make sure each girl had a running buddy!! PURE CHAOS!!!!!

That was my personality and emotions from 6:15-9:00 when the race started. Of course, I was smiling and encouraging the girls, but deep inside I was just not ready!!!

Let me tell you..........the 5K was one of the best experiences EVER!! I ran with 3 girls. We started off running and probably ran about 3/4 of the first mile. The girls I ran with were truly pushing themselves...even the one I thought was going to walk the entire thing. We stopped running and walked a good ways before starting back up again, but it was so awesome to have these three girls running/walking beside me, relying on me for encouragement, and pushing themselves even when it was hard!! They were even pushing each other along with their words. Yea...we did have some complaining, but THEY DID IT!! I finished the race with 2 girls, one connected to each hand....and had to go back to make sure the third girl did not finish alone!! They got their medals, and went on to get a smoothie and relax!! I was SO PROUD of our girls. Were they tired....yes!! Did their feet and legs hurt....yes!! But they finished!!!

Can we say teachable moment for myself???? It doesn't matter how you "run the race".....as long as you finish and can say you pushed yourself to meet the challenge!!! May need to relate this to the classroom.....just sayin....

Picture will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment