Saturday, December 29, 2012

New Years Resolution

It's been a while since I've posted. I've been enjoying my break....A LOT!!! :)

This post is a more personal post, rather than a teaching post.  As we all know, the year 2013 is coming. It's that time of year for the wonderful New Years resolutions!! I read somewhere (I apologize for not remembering where) that New Years resolutions should be a life resolution, and not just for that year!! I have a few things that I plan on doing for my "life" resolution...and I wanted to share them with you!!

1. Stay away from complaining.

Is my job perfect? No. Does everything always work out how I want it? No. But I need to remember that I have a job, and need to be thankful. Also, sometimes our prayers are answered in ways that we don't necessarily like at the moment. Somewhere, though, God will show why he answered a prayer in a certain way. I need not complain because everyday is a great day to be alive, and I need to enjoy each day to the fullest!! Positive Polly's are a lot more fun to be around than Negative Nancy's or Debby Downers!! :)

2. Tithe

One Sunday at church, the pastor was talking about tithing. He mentioned how if we all had to live solely on what we tithe, some of us would be in trouble. Guilty!!! That would be me!! My husband and I looked at our bank account stats one day (yes...my husband keeps stats about where our finances go....it's pretty awesome if you ask me) and next to tithes....it sadly said 0.0%. In other words, if we had to live solely on our tithes, we would have nothing and would be out on the street!! We have our weekly envelopes dated and ready to go. The next step is to pray about an amount and make sure to give back what God has given us!!

3. Make more phone calls

I am TERRIBLE about calling people to just say hello. I don't even try to pretend like I am good at it. I have never been a fan of just sitting and chatting, if I don't have a true purpose for making that call. It has gotten me in trouble in the past with friends, and I know I need to do better. Even if the purpose is to, literally, just say hello, I need to do it! 

4. Be a better teacher

With frustrations with my job, it sometimes gets taken out on the kids. It is definitely not their fault. They have just come to school to learn, not get the rathe becaus I had to fill out ANOTHER PEP for a student, or because I had to sit through ANOTHER meeting instead of getting plans done! Students don't deserve to get less, just because I have more "busy work" to do. Along the same lines, I need to.....

5. Manage my time better

Instead of sitting and venting to team members (please refer to resolution number 1), I need to get plans finished and items prepared for future plans so that those meetings don't get in the way of planning time. Doing this will help me feel prepared and be a better teacher!! 

Those are my 5 main resolutions. Of course I want to exercise more and eat better, but those are common and repetitive. These 5 things, I think, will help to make me a better person and make my life even better than it is right now!!!

What are your resolutions (personal or teaching)?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are enjoying your break! It seems like you put a lot of thought into your resolutions. I think being a better teacher is something I always strive for. We can all improve in some way, right? I am hosting a New Year giveaway and would love for you to stop by and check it out.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete