Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One....More....Day....

I think I can...I think I can!!! My 17 lovelies are a naturally chatty bunch, therefore this past week they have been even MORE chatty!!! I ALMOST yelled "SHUT UP" today....but caught myself and just simply said "SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!" The funny part....my normally "fun" student has been great this week!! Now the others have just gone mad! One of my college professors referred to the weeks before Christmas break as survival mode!! This is living proof!!

We have been doing activities this week on How the Grinch Stole Christmas (which I put on TpT as a small literacy unit...and it has been flying off  the "shelf")! I bet you will never guess what we will be doing tomorrow........anyone?? Okay, I'll tell you!! We are watching the movie to relate to our book and literacy unit!!! Just so you know...this movie is about 2 hours long!! I can't WAIT!!!

So anywho....after we get back from break we will be reviewing geometry for a couple of days!! Tis is definitely good because we taught it before, but the unit we were given was very complicated to understand, therefore complicated to teach!!

There were too many words.....just tell me what you want me to teach, and let me be!!

So....i presented my team with a geometry activity!! We are going to make quadrilateral pictures, where everything in the picture has to be a quadrilateral!! It can be an animal, person, house, tree, etc. then they are going to have to label each shape and give its attributes. For example: my persons arm has 2 sets of parallel lines and 4 congruent sides. It will be a great way for students to apply what they learn!!

I'm actually somewhat excited about it! The last unit was just terrible, so I'm ready to start over and reteach what I did a not so good job of teaching in the first place!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous winter break!! I know I will!! Enjoy your family, food, presents....but don't forget the Reason for the Season!!!! Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment