Friday, December 14, 2012

My heart hurts...

A child lies, a child cheats, a child yells, a child gets out of line......but NEVER......NEVER.....would the thought of taking the life of that child come to mind!!! It hurts my heart to know that someone had the nerve to end the life of 20 children!! Not only that, but scar the minds and hearts of the other children who had to witness it!!! It is sick!! My 17 children in my class make me smile, laugh, sometimes pull my hair out!! They make my job eventful! Those 20 children no longer have the opportunity to bless the lives of the people around them....their teachers, their classmates, and most important..their parents! All because one person....one sick person....decided to make a horrible and selfish decision!

My prayer is for the families of those involved, from the ones who were killed to the ones who witnessed it!! I pray that God can comfort them in this time of grief. I pray that God can shine his light for everyone to see it and to let everyone know that he is here, even if it is hard to believe! I pray that guns would stop being used to kill! I pray that people who need help, would search for ways to get help instead of taking it out on innocent people....children!! I pray for this world. For the people of this world, for the actions of the people, and for us all to realize where things have gone!

May God open his arms and hug and embrace those 20 children and 6 adults who came to him in heaven today! May he tell them that they are safe and sound with him! May he tell those children to run and play, free of fear and free of harm!! I pray they swing on the swings of heaven, climb across the monkey bars, and slide down the slide of the heavenly playground!! They can smile, scream, and play together and know that they are sitting in THE greatest place ever!!

God bless the families, and God bless this world!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment