Sunday, November 25, 2012

Liebster Award

I am so excited because my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by Mrs. Bartels School Family's blog!! This award is for new bloggers, with less than 200 followers, to let us know that we are appreciated and to help our blogs get moving!!!

Here are my responses, and questions for other fellow new bloggers!!


11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I had 5 wisdom teeth removed instead of 4!!
2. I am related to Robert E. Lee. He was my great, great, great, etc. uncle!!
3. I love using exclamation marks at the end of sentences!!
4. My husband and I met in middle school!!
5. My favorite movie is Grease!! The first....not second!!
6. I play Fantasy Football on 3 different leagues!!
7. We bought our first house in June!!
8. I love yellow!!
9. I would love more than anything to be an interior designer....but I don't have the slightest clue where I would begin or what I would design!!
10. I am jealous of fabulous photographers!! I want that skill!!
11. I hate swimming in the lake!!


11 Questions from Mrs. Bartel:
1. What is your favorite classroom "tool"? My ELMO document camera. It saves copies, makes foldable a ten times easier, and is just an all around wonderful invention!
2. What is your most successful classroom management strategy? I use positive management instead of color cards or clips. One thing I do is have my students spell out a mystery word with good behavior. Once they spell it out, they get the reward.
3. When did you start blogging? I started blogging in August this past year.
4. What grade do you teach and how long have you taught this grade? I teach third grade, and this is my second year teaching it!!
5. How do you incorporate technology in your classroom? I have my document camera, projector, laptop, and IPad. I let my students use it or see it being used every chance I get!!
6. What is your favorite professional book? Ron Clark's: The Essential 55!!
7. What do you like to do in your free time? Lay on the couch with my husband and puppies, or go for walks. I do like to cook, too.
8. Do you give your students a present for Christmas? If so, what is it? I have not done that in the past, but I do like the idea!
9. Do you have traditions or rituals in your classroom? If so, what is it? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. If I think of one, I will add it later!!
10. What is your favorite book to read aloud? James and the Giant Peach and Thunder Cake! My first grade teacher read Thunder Cake to me, and I loved it ever since!!
11. What is your favorite subject to teach? I love my guided reading groups. I love differentiating reading and doing fun things with each group based on their needs!!

11 Questions from KinderKapers:

1. How long have you been blogging? I started blogging in August this year. Only 4 months!!
2.  What inspired you to start blogging? I am so impressed with how teachers blog, and I thought it might be fun! I also wanted to advertise my TpT store!!
3.  What is the best thing you've learned since you started blogging? It takes time to build support and followers!! Patience!!
4.  What is your best childhood memory? Going fishing at the lake across the street from my Grandparents house! We would take our Donald Duck fishing poles and sit on a big rock and just enjoy the scene! 
5.  How many states have you visited?  Colorado, Florida, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, N. Carolina, S. Carolina...so 10!
6.  What is you favorite book to read to your class? Thunder Cake! My first grade teacher read it to me and we made Thunder Cake. I just love it!
7.  Favorite teacher? My first grade teacher! She played the piano for me at my wedding!! My brother had her, too. I did clinicals with her while in college! :)
8.  What is the best part of being a teacher? Summer! Just kidding! I love seeing my students have lightbulbs go off! It is so exciting to watch!
9.  Do you have a real tree or fake? Real...all the way! We cut ours down from the mountains!
10.  Favorite Christmas tradition? Hmm....probably cutting down our Christmas tree. That is kind of a Thanksgiving/Christmas tradition because we do it the day after Thanksgiving!
11.  Dream vacation? Either Italy or France!!


11 Blogs I Am Nominating:

11 Questions I Have for my Nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
2. What piece of advice would you give to a first year teacher?
3. What is your best memory of teaching, so far?
4. Year round school, or not year round school? Which would you prefer?
5. What has been your biggest challenge in teaching?
6. What is one of your most favorite lessons/topics to teach?
7. What do you do to keep school life and personal life separated?
8. When did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
9. What is your favorite subject to teach?
10. What is your best classroom Managment advice?
11. What resource do you use most to find teaching ideas?

Please leave a link back to your blog when you have answered my questions! I look forward to reading about you! Thank you to Mrs. Bartel for your nomination of my blog!!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I like your idea of the mystery word. We may use that tomorrow.
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably shouldn't do this...but I enjoyed your blog and I wanted to let you know! So here's another nomination!

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...thanks! I added my responses to your questions above!

    Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for nominating me! I finally got around to writing my blog. There's so much more time now that it's Christmas break. Here's the link: http://learningandteachingforlife.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete