Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 in '12 Linky Party

I am linking up with Teeny  Tiny Teacher and Miss Kindergarten in their 12 in '12 Linky Party!!


 
12.  Favorite movie you watched

If I am completely honest with everyone, the honest answer is nothing. My husband and I don't watch movies!! We just never get that urge to sit and watch some movie. Not to mention, the movie theatre is out of question because it now cost your first born to go sit and watch a movie. If we do get the urge, we go to RedBox and just look for something interested.  The last movie we watched was Contraband, but I cant say it was my favorite....


11.  Favorite TV Series

Now this IS an area where my husband and I are guilty!! We have quite a few....

Bones



There is nothing like a good murder mystery show, with a little humor, and quite the love story!!

The Big Bang Theory


So I am ashamed to say that we started watching this show while we were in Gatlinburg for our 1 year anniversary. We were just hanging out one night, and flipped through and found the show. I knew about  it, but had never gotten into it. We watched it once....and were hooked!!

Boy Meets World

Thats right.....we go old school!! It comes on Fox Family, so we DVR the series and watch it for a little reminiscing. Rumor  has it that a new series is coming out called Girl Meets World....with the same characters and actors!!!! 

10. Favorite Restaurant
 
My all time favorite restaurant, hands down, is Olive Garden. Breadstick, salad, pasta, house wine.....enough said!!!
9.  Favorite new thing you tried
TpT has been my most favorite thing Ive tried this year! I started in August, just to give it a try.  My first quarter, I made just a little, but was so excited to make that first sale. Now, I make a sale ALMOST  every day!! I don't have a whole lot on it right now, but my goal is to tackle some bigger projects this upcoming summer to put on my store!! Thank you to anyone who has purchased one of my items!! 

8. Favorite Gift you Received
 
Hmm......I would say that my most favorite gift I received this year would have to be an Ipad.  TECHNICALLY I received it last year....but I didn't really start using it until this year! I received it from a group I am in at UNCCharlotte called First Three.  It is a support group for teachers during their first three years of teaching.  They bought each member an Ipad as our Christmas gifts!! I almost didn't get it because I didn't go to the meeting.  However, my aunt works at UNCC and she called me and said, "YOU NEED TO GET HERE!!" I said, "NO I DON'T!!!!" (It had been a long day).  After arguing for about 5 minutes, and her finally telling me why, I drove up to UNCC and received my gift!! Pretty sure I would have been kicking myself had I not listened and stayed home!!
7.  Favorite thing you pinned
 
Well, besides my own products....:)....this picture below of a storage shelf that has been built in to the staircase!!
 
Pinned Image
I showed my husband.....I want it one day!!! Maybe not today.....but someday...I will have my built in shelf underneath my staircase!!!!
 
6.  Favorite blog post
I have only been blogging since August, but I would have to say that my favorite blog post is probably when I was bragging about some things that happened at school that day!! It is titled Bragging Rights. I just remember this day was great, and I wanted the world to know!! :)
5.  Favorite accomplishment
This year....my favorite accomplishment would have to be when one of my lower students from last year, scored a 3 on her math EOG...which was ultimately her accomplishment, but I did play a small role in that.  This child was one of those that you love to hate, and hate to love!! She drove me up the WALL, but I wanted nothing more than for her to do well! She was and still is reading at about a 2nd grade level in third grade (now in fourth grade).  She has had a hard family life, and has not had a huge success in her education.  When I got my scores for the end of grades, I teared up when I saw that this child had scored a 3 on her math.  I was expecting a 1 or a 2, simply because of her performance throughout the school year on tests.  It was one of the best feelings ever, and it made up for the students I saw that did not quite pass.  I didn't even care that she made a 1 on her reading....she passed her math and I get to share a little of that reward because I helped her get there!!!
 
Not to mention.....after it was all said and done, I only had about 4 students out of 23 not pass either reading or math, which was a HUGE accomplishment for my first year in teaching 3rd grade!!  

 
4. Favorite picture
Hmm.......  this one!!!
 
 
These are my children!!! Chipper (on the right) and Graham (on the left).  This was for Chippers 1st birthday! We adopted him from a rescue center in Lenoir, NC, so we took his picture to send to them to show them how big he has gotten! Graham is my 13 (almost 14) year old golden retriever, lab mix.  He is THE best dog ever, hands down! So loyal! I just love how they are both looking at the camera, and kind of posing, too! Who needs kids when you can enjoy these two bundles of joy every day!!!??

 
3.  Favorite memory
Hands down, the last day of school this past year.  I looped with my students from 2nd to 3rd grade.  We created such a strong bond! They called me Momma B, and felt like they were my own children!! On the last day of school, they dismissed car riders.  When I said goodbye to those students, my whole class ran to the door and started hugging each other, saying goodbye, too!! I bawled like a baby.  My students started laughing at me, but then some of them started crying, too!! My heart broke because they weren't going to be my babies anymore, even though I would see them everyday this year.  We all shared a class hug, and I cried the whole way down the bus lot to drop them off at their busses! Then I cried the whole way home....and a little when I got home....and a little the whole night!!! It was awesome to know I created such a close relationship with 23 students. They still come by this year and give me hugs and say hello! I miss them......

2.  Goal for 2013
Hmm.....I don't know!! Probably to go to church more often! We have been in between churches with getting married and moving, so we have been slacking in the church area tremendously!! We have started going to the church my husband grew up at now, so hopefully we will be more loyal and committed to going each week.

 
1.  One little word 
 
 
Calm! That is the only word I could think of that encompasses a lot....no stress, no worries, trust in God, confidence, and more!! I am a worry wart......and I aim to just be calm and worry free!! I am doing okay so far, but I want to do even better. That is my ultimate goal!! So calm.....calmness in my heart, mind, and actions!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment