Friday, October 19, 2012

Its the Stinkin Weekend.....

Thank God!!! I am ready for a restful weekend with NO school work!! This is the weekend (calm) before the storm (AKA parent conferences and report cards!!!!).

We start conferences on Monday, and I have one every afternoon except Wednesday and Friday!! This school year is definitely testing my time management!! I'm trying really hard to not stress out, and I'm doing pretty well with it so far!

I'll check back on Friday and we will see if this is still true......

So we got our Flat Stanley from South Korea this week!! They really made mine look terrible! It is the coolest thing! Her name is Flat Min Hee! She came with her passport, her journey journal, and her plane ticket! My kids were excited! I have been choosing well behaved students to carry her outside at recess and "show her around the school." I said, "Take her on the slide! Take her on the swings! Take her on the monkey bars! But DO NOT DROP HER!!!!"

I will get pictures of her to share soon! We are going to keep a journal of her adventures to send back to South Korea, so I will share some of those entries, too! This week in class we read "Goodbye, 382 Shin Dang Dong." It was cool to integrate Korea with our learning. I'm trying to put in that cultural awareness as much as possible! My students seem to enjoy it!

And.....enter my weekend!!! Have a great, stress free, no school work weekend! I definitely will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment