Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful For Linky Party...

Thanksgiving is right around the corner!! Right in the home stretch!! I am linking up with A Year of Firsts Thankful For Linky Party!! A lot of people have been participating in the Facebook thankful party, so this is my quick version!!



Starting with.......

1. Family!!

When it comes to support, love, compassion, teachings.....my parents win!! My mom will bend over backwards to make her children happy and did a fabulous job raising 3 kids!! My dad helped guide us to be responsible adults and disciplined within our responsibilities!! Even today, at 24 years old, I still look to them for advice and support when needed!!


My brother and sister!! My older sister and I have gotten a lot closer lately, which has been pretty cool. My younger brother....don't mess with him, or I will take you down!! :) my brother is the one in the red shirt. The guy on the end in black....he is extra. He belongs to my sister. I refer to him as "the pain." My sister refers to him as her boyfriend!! :) Gray shirt...you will read about him later!


When you get married, there is always the fear of the "in-laws." I never had that fear. My in-laws are awesome, and I'm so glad to be a part of their family!! Not just the parent-in-laws and sister-in-law, but the whole family.  They all accepted me and treat me as if I have been a part of their family the whole time!!

Here is the rest of my family (moms side). My Nana....pretty much the best...my aunt (has helped me a lot through teaching), my cousins (helped me learn to deal with gross boy noises and stuff).


I can't forget my dads side of the family.  We don't get to see them as much, but they are still a part of who I am today. My 3 aunts and 2 uncles, and my MawMaw and PawPaw (who passed away a couple year ago).

2. My husband!! My husband and I met in 6th grade. We dated for 8 months, but unfortunately ended our very serious middle school relationship after that.  We remained friends up through middle school and high school, and then proceeded to go to college together.  The summer between freshman and sophomore year, we started hanging out and it just seemed right!! My mother says she prayed him into my life since middle school.  Mom knows best!! We got married on New Years Eve 2010, and have already experienced so much as a married couple!! He is everything I am not.  He helps keep me sane and helps keep me happy! I can't wait to see where our lives go together!


Alright....the rest won't be as long!!

3. My puppies!! We have a 13 year old golden retriever lab, and a 1 year old beagle-australian shepherd.  They are my children.  I love them both to pieces!! It is the best feeling to come home and be greeted at the door by a cute little face that is so excited to see you!! OHH I love my puppies so much!!!



4. My job.  Yes, it drives me crazy some days.  Yes, I think there is to much extra "stuff" put on teachers that burns us out. Besides that, it is a very fulfilling job!! 

5. This really should be first...Jesus Christ!!! He has blessed me beyond what I deserve, and has opened doors that have been to wonderful things!! Thank you, God, for the many blessings and challenges you have placed before me!!

These are the top 5 things I am thankful for. Other things include:

--my house
--a husband who keeps track of our finances to the "t"
--music
--great friends

--food/water
--WEEKENDS!!!!

What are you thankful for??

3 comments:

  1. This is a great thankful list!

    I nominated you for an award. Come on over and check it out!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Awesome!! Here is a link to my responses!!

      http://teacherroom102.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

      Delete