Sunday, November 4, 2012

Currently Linky and Teachers Helping Teachers Linky!!

I am linking up with Oh Boy, 4th Grade's November currently!!


Here is my Currently:


1. Clock ticking: I woke up due to the lovely junk in my respiratory system, and went downstairs to get a cup of warm honey water!!! So now I sit here blogging, listening to the quiet sound of the clock ticking. It's much better than the sound of me coughing my brains out, like 20 minutes ago!!

2. 2 four day weeks: Tuesday is Common Core training (*whoohoo*) so no kids!! Next Monday is Veterans Day so no kids OR work!! FINALLY!!!! Not to mention....then we run in to Thanksgiving week....2 day week! Can I take a moment to say how much I truly love November??!!!

3. I want to go back to bed: pretty self explanatory!! I want to go back to bed and sleep! Which I will as soon as this post is published!!!

4. Want this cold to go away: it's that time of year.....snotty noses, scratchy throats, coughing mucus, cold sores. Isn't fall just GREAT?? This should be turned into a country song!! I choose....Brad Paisley to sing it!!!

5. Nice warm shower: I look like a hot mess because I woke up coughing, and so my hair had to be held back to keep out of my face. Therefore, my hair is greasy!! Not to mention a warm shower just helps open up my head!! Don't I sound just beautiful??!! (Ps...this would totally be verse 2 to my country song)!!

6. Music: Jim Brickman piano music!! He is so wonderful!! I had the piano player (AKA my first grade teacher) at my wedding play his music. It is so beautiful!! I have a station on Pandora totally dedicated to his music, an I play it when my students are arriving to school, during independent work time, and any other time I need a sense of peace in my classroom!!

There you go!! My November Currently!!!

ATTENTION ALL YOU AWESOME TEACHERS OUT THERE!!! Want a way to help out teachers who have been effected by Hurricane Sandy?? Head on over toThe ESOL Odyssey to donate some of your TPT products or Teachers Notebook products!!! This is an easy way to help out fellow teachers in need, get back on their feet with teaching!! Click the link above to head on over and start donating!!

8 comments:

  1. I am also feeling your pain. Been sleeping on the sofa for the last 2 nights due to my coughing & not wanting to keep the hubby up all night with me. Ugh! Every November, just in time for conferences. Your blog is too funny. Just what I needed after waking up coughing way too early. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having the same coughing!! It stinks, never tried honey water before!! I think I will. Just can't seem to shake it. Hope you get to feeling better soon- sleep always helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omigosh I feel you on the cold! I feel like it is going around so early this year. I have been doing theraflu tea each morning hoping to kick this!

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper


    I am also super excited about all the long weekends :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am looking forward to ANOTHER short week day this week. Hope you are feeling better soon!
    Dynelle
    http://firstgradefunmrsdunn.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog and I am your newest follower! Who doesn't love a short week? Yay! I hope you are feeling better soon!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I found you through Farley's Currently and I am your newest follower. I feel your pain. I had the same crud for a month. I tried to fight it and finally went to the doctor. It was horrible. On top of the crud I caught pink eye twice from my Kindergarteners. I hope that you get better soon. It is hard to teach when you are under the weather.
    Mrs.Janelle
    http://mrsjanelleskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, bless your heart!!! Today was rough!! My voice is gradually drifting! Luckily tomorrow is a work day!!

      Delete