Thursday, November 8, 2012

Looking at the Positives of a Sick Day...

So I took a sick day today because I have laryngitis, and a stuffy nose that just won't clear up!! On top of that....my lips have been chapped and up pops a cold sore!! I am having deja vu from last year, this same time!  Last year, I woke up with 5....repeat that.....FIVE....cold sores; a week after I had just gotten rid of 2!!  I threw the covers off of me, started crying like a child, saying "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY!!!!" My husband looked at me like...really?? I also had laryngitis at this time!!  I went to the doctor, and they gave me these magic pills that help get rid of those horrible little bacteria creatures!!!
 
Today wasn't as dramatic.  I simply woke up, took a shower, and just thought....."I really don't need to go to school! I need to rest!!"  Made my calls, emails, typed plans (I guess I need to invest in an emergency sub folder), and went RIGHT back to bed!!
 
So....I decided to use this time to make another novel unit for the story Stanley, Flat Again!  My students LOVE Flat Stanley! We have even been working on the Flat Stanley Project (FlatStanley.com) in our classroom with Korea and France!!
 


 
 
Click on the link above to go to my TPT store to check out the unit!! If you decide to purchase, please leave feedback!! Any feedback is welcomed to let me know what should be added, removed, changed, etc. With feedback, you also get extra TPT store credits!!
 
I hope you enjoy my sick day creation!! Tomorrow is Friday....hopefully I can make it work in the morning!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment