Saturday, June 1, 2013

Summer Project and Little Big Brother....

Have I told you that summer is ALMOST here.....??? 5 DAYS!!! This class has taught me A LOT this year....lets leave it at that!

I wanted to share one of my summer projects that I plan on completing this summer for next school year! So last year I learned a lesson at the end of the year. I decided to leave most of my stuff at school since I would be in the same room. Save time and energy, right??? Well....upon returning to my room, I find books thrown in boxes, a broken jar one of my students gave me, my plastic bins scattered around the room....get the gist?? So this year, most of it will be coming to live safely in my house for the summer. My books are already here, and enter, my summer project!

I've only been teaching for 3 years, but I have a pretty good stash of books (thanks to a pretty awesome cooperating teacher, and some other educators who left books in my first classroom).  Most are already labeled with guided reading levels, but are shoved tightly into baskets. This makes it difficult for my students to place them back neatly.





I plan on sorting them out by levels and getting better baskets to hold them in. I also want to put better labels on the baskets so kids will know exactly where to put the books back. I told my husband while we were lugging these upstairs that I think I need more books.....he didn't seem to agree!! No teacher can have too many books!! 

On a side note, my baby brother (AKA Little Big Brother) graduates from high school on Monday the 10th!! It is so hard to believe that he will be going off to college in August....App State to be exact....2nd or 3rd chair snare drum player in the marching band....I'm a little proud!! I'm very protective of my brother and just want the ultimate best for him!! He shouldn't be worried about my mom and dad when bringing home a girlfriend....it's me!!! She better be willing to love him as much as he will love her because he knows how to treat a lady!! Girls from the past have DEFINITELY not lived up to that expectation!! :) 



The pictures should sum up why he is my little big brother.....and I have heels on! I'm a shorty!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment