Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekend...sweet weekend...

Oh how I love the weekend!! It wasn't a bad week, but the idea of sleep...no work...sleep...no kids...sleep..........makes me HAPPY!!!

I had my second observation post conference today. Not bad....but I've decided that I am just going to consider myself a distinguished teacher despite what my ratings say!! I was checked in proficient and accomplished, which is good and I'm definitely not complaining....but I still think these rating things are so subjective. Therefore, I will be considering myself distinguished....as well as the other 5 teachers on my team.....and that's that!!! :)

I do have to "boast" a little.....at our planning meeting this week, we actually planned (fancy that), looked at data, discussed several "business" topics, and just got A LOT accomplished. One of my team members came to me after and told me....in his words....that he was really starting to like me......HUH???

Confused, I asked, "so you didn't like me before??" He said "nah!!! I mean I really saw your leadership come out today, and I was impressed by it!!" That's a huge compliment to me because I don't consider myself necessarily the strongest leader. I try to stay positive and help in anyway I can, but I'm not a typically assertive person, which is why this grade chair thing was kind of new for me!! Hearing a team member say, without being coached, that he liked my leadership was great to hear. It kind of made me smile and feel good inside!! It's always nice to hear someone give you credit for something. I do feel I've grown as a teacher and leader this year. It's been a challenging year from many perspectives, so a little boost from a team member reminds me that I will make it through the remainder of this year!!

I told my husband today that yes, it's been a very frustrating year, and yes, I have some kids who have challenged me to do A LOT of reflecting and stress management....but I really do love my job!! Some days are better than others, but I really do enjoy what I do. I think today was Gods way of giving me a pep talk because I just felt a sense of calmness and happiness.  I want to hold on to this feeling to give me the push and strive to keep going and make it to June 7th!!!

Im actually excited for next week simply because I'm prepared, my lessons were 100% complete by the time I left "yesterday"..,, ya know.....when they are due.....not this morning..............

We will be teaching perimeter, quotation marks and commas, and Madam CJ Walker. I'm excited!! I'll update next week to see if things actually happened the way they are supposed to............I'll let you know if we have a lockdown drill and fire drill within the first two days of the week........

I hope your week went well, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Now....the question of the weekend.........RAVENS OR FOURTY NINERS????! Harbaugh 1 or Harbaugh 2????????

No comments:

Post a Comment