Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Opinions Welcome!!!

This year, my friend and I will be taking on a new committee at school. It is one that is pretty important to staff morale and staff dues....we will taking on the Staff Wellness committee! I am excited and nervous because we will be in charge of staff parties, staff dues, staff snacks and luncheons, and other important jobs. 

The overall morale at our school the past 2 years has quickly dropped. We have had a few changes that just seemed to put a hole in the family feel and excitement of our school. I would like to say, "Have no fear.....Allison and Julie are here" and all will be well, but I'm still trying to think of ideas or ways to help bring that excitement to a broken school and difficult school system!!

Any ideas are welcome. You don't even have to work at a school! Just think about these questions and let me know any feedback you can give!!! K???? Thanks!!!!

1. What does your job do to help keep things exciting and enjoyable?
2. Are there any staff incentives or treats that are given for specific things done?
3. How do your staff parties typically play out....meet at a restaurant, meet at the school, meet at a staff members house, other? Cater, cover dish, no food?
4. In a school setting, what kind of things do you do to make things fun for you and the kids?
5. Any other input welcome!!!! Please and thank you!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My school will have scavenger hunts for grade level teachers to complete by a certain time in the day. We had them around different holidays. Ex: have your kids help find the colors of the rainbow around your school. We have also had a chili contest and voted on the favorite chili of the staff. I think that was for the Superbowl. Little things, but still fun! If I think of other examples, I will let you know!

    Love,
    MK

    ReplyDelete