Thursday, August 22, 2013

Let the school year begin....

Classroom is set up.....

Children have been met.....

Staff seem to be positive....

Expectations have been set.....

LET'S GET STARTED!!!!!

Today we had our open house. It seriously was one of the best ones I've ever had! The kids were super sweet, the parents seemed to be involved and nice, and I got to see some of my "old" students!! That is one of the best parts of starting a new year! When you see a child running down the hallway to come give you a hug is one of th best feelings!!! ESPECIALLY when it's one that was a difficult and they still want to say hi! I don't know if it was because its my fourth year, or if I just prepared more, but I felt confident and so comfortable!! God truly places you in places where you are meant to be! 

I am ready! It is my prayer that I can maintain this enthusiasm and excitement all year!! As said befor, last year was a learning experience for many reasons! I'm ready for this new year!! 

I hope everyone else had a great open house! Ill let you know how my first day goes! Can't wait to see those smiling sweet faces on Monday morning! I know I don't get paid a lot and it can be a challenge, but I have the BEST job EVER!!!! 

A keynote speaker at our School system pep rally today said one of the best statements.....

(May be a little paraphrased)
Every challenge has a little gift wrapped up inside of it!!

That's my job!! It's a challenge with all the logistics and government pulled into it (and sometimes the parents)......but the gift of teaching a child is well worth it to me!!! :)

Happy New Year to all teachers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment